Dear God, Thank you for sharing your goodness. Please: Give us peace in our hearts, Love in our souls, Kindness in our hands, The strength to be hopeful and helpful - To follow in Jesus’s footsteps. In all that we do may our values shine through. In Jesus’s name, Amen

Term Time Absence Requests

Every minute of every school day is vital and pupils will only be granted authorised absence by the school in exceptional circumstances. A family holiday is not normally considered by the Government to be exceptional and therefore, no term time holidays will be authorised by the school
Our school will only grant term time holidays or leave of absences in EXCEPTIONAL circumstances, we do not consider a family holiday exceptional
If a parent or carer wishes to request a period of leave of absence for their child, they are required to write to the Headteacher by completing the appropriate leave of absence form, which can be downloaded below or a copy can be obtained from the school office
This should be done before any flights, holiday bookings or other arrangements are made

There is no entitlement to time off in term time

 A school can only grant Leave of Absence if

  • A request for leave of absence is submitted before leave is taken
  • And the Headteacher believes the reason is exceptional

If the request is denied, the school will inform the parent of the reason and the request will be noted


Penalties for unauthorised absence

If you take your child out of school and the absence is not agreed by the Headteacher, this will be recorded as unauthorised absence. The school is required to notify Herefordshire Council and you may face a Fixed Penalty Notice and/or other legal action. The Fixed Penalty Notice is £60 per parent per child which rises to £120 per parent per child if not paid within 21 days. There is no appeal against a Fixed Penalty Notice. Failure to pay a Fixed Penalty Notice may lead to legal proceedings under the Education Act 1996 section 444(1)

A 'parent' is defined in Section 576 of the Education Act 1996, as including all natural parents, including those who are not married; any person who has parental responsibility and any person who has care of a child

Further information regarding School Absence Penalty Notices can be found on the Herefordshire Council website School attendance and absences – Herefordshire Council